REGULATIONSOF THE 1ST INTERNATIONAL ORGAN COMPETITION
1. The 1st International Organ Competition Białystok 2017 (hereinafter referred to as ”the Competition”) is aimed at promoting organ music, as well as the organ of the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – one of the biggest instruments of that type in Poland.
2. The Competition will take place 16-22 June 2017 in Białystok.
3. The 1st International Organ Competition Białystok 2017 is organized by the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre in Białystok, address: 1 Odeska Street, 15-406 Białystok, entered in the Register of Cultural Institutions (RIK) in the Office of the Marshall of Podlaskie Province in Białystok under number 1, NIP 542-020-89-16.
I. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. The competition is open to all persons who can play the organ, born after 1st January, 1987.
2. The deadline for sending the ENTRY FORM (Schedule No. 1 to the Regulations) is 25.11.2016 (the postmarked date is binding).
3. The entry form must be sent to the following address:
Opera i Filharmonia Podlaska – Europejskie Centrum Sztuki w Białymstoku
ul. Odeska 1
with the following documents enclosed:
1. a photocopy of a document with a photo, confirming the identity of the candidate (national identity document/passport);
a. a curriculum vitae and information of artistic activity performed so far;
b. a CD (4 copies) with two works recorded by the entrant:
1) Johann Sebastian Bach - Concerto in A Minor (BWV 593) or D Minor (BWV 596),
2) any chosen work or part of a cycle by: Josef Rheinberger, August G. Ritter, Max Reger, Robert Schumann.
Maximum time of programme should not exceed 30 minutes. Live recording (without editing) should be signed by the candidate personally on the CD’s outside cover.
d. proof of payment of the competition fee to the amount of PLN 200 or EUR 50 to the following account: PL55 1020 1332 0000 1102 0803 2890 (BIC BPKOPLPW) for participation in the Competition with the following annotation: ”KONKURS ORGANOWY BIAŁYSTOK 2017” and the candidate’s name. The competition fee will not be reimbursed.
4. Enrolments with incomplete documentation will not be accepted. The documents submitted will not be returned.
5. The number of candidates admitted to participate in the Competition will be limited to no more than 12.
6. The decision on qualification for the Competition taken by the Verification Committee will be announced by 10th January, 2017, on the internet site www.oifp.eu
Each of the qualifying candidates will also be notified by e-mail and receive a score of Capriccio by Mieczysław Surzyński.
7. Notification of a candidate of his/her admission to the Competition shall be deemed as concluding an agreement between the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic and the candidate, concerning his/her participation in the 1st International Organ Competition Białystok 2017 on the terms set out herein.
8. Candidates qualifying for the Competition should report to the Competition Office on 16th June, 2017, by 3.00 p.m. and present their identity cards or passports.
9. The Organizers shall bear the costs of accommodation with breakfast for all the candidates for the time of their participation in subsequent stages of the Competition.
10. Travelling costs shall be borne by the candidates. All persons accompanying candidates will stay in Białystok at their own expense.
1. Candidates taking part in the Competition will be assessed by a Jury composed of:
Chairman of the Jury
Prof. Bernhard Gfrerer - Salzburg
Prof. Leopoldas Digrys - Vilnius
Prof. Daniel Zaretsky - St. Petersburg
Prof. Jan Bokszczanin - Białystok
Prof. Andrzej Chorosiński - Warsaw
Prof. Roman Perucki - Gdańsk
2. Internal work regulations of the Jury will be established during the first meeting of Jury members before starting the auditions of the first stage.
3. Appraisals made by Jury members will be confidential.
4. Verdicts issued on the basis of appraisal made by Jury members are final and non-actionable.
III. COMPETITION PROCEDURE
1. The 1st International Organ Competition Białystok 2017 takes place in two stages open to audiences.
2. The competition auditions will take place in the concert hall of the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic at 1 Odeska Street. Specification of the organ constitute Schedule No. 2 to these Regulations.
3. Competition participants may use their own sheet music. The Organizer is not liable for infringement of copyrights of any third persons by a competition participant using his/her own sheet music.
4. No more than 6 candidates will be admitted to the second stage of the Competition.
5. In all stages of the Competition participants will perform in alphabetical order, starting from the letter drawn on 16th June, 2017, at. 3.00 p.m.
IV. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND COPYRIGHTS
1. Personal data of the participants will be processed under the applicable laws.
2. The Organizer of the Competition is the personal data administrator.
3. Participants of the Competition express their consent for their personal data to be processed for the purpose of the organization of the Competition and in accordance with the statutory aims of the Organizer.
4. Participants have the right to review their data, to correct it, and to demand that the processing of their data be discontinued.
5. Participants transfer, free of charge, to the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic all property rights to the artistic performances registered during the stages of the Competition and the Concert of the Laureates without limitations concerning time or territory within the following scope:
b. multiplying on all kinds of sound and video carriers;
c. putting on the market;
d. entering into computer memory and the Internet;
e. public reproduction and performance;
g. rental and lease;
h. wireless, wire, and satellite broadcasting, as well as reemission and retransmission;
i. online/offline Internet transmission.
6. Transfer of copyrights takes place at the moment of concluding the agreement named in chapter I, section 7 herein.
7. Participants of the Competition express their consent – free of charge – for using their name, image, and information materials, including the participant’s activity, in all information, advertising, and promotional materials related to the Competition.
8. Within the scope named in this chapter, the Organizer has the right to transfer the totality or a part of the rights to third persons.
V. PROGRAMME OF THE COMPETITION
The Opening Concert of the Competition will take place on 16th June, 2017, at 7.00 p.m.
Stage I (18-19 June 2017)
Every participant of Stage I of the Competition will perform 4 works selected from the following list:
1. Johann Sebastian Bach – Concerto in A Minor (BWV 593) or D Minor (BWV 596)
2. Felix Mendelssohn- Bartholdy – Sonate No. 1 in F Minor op. 65/1 or Sonate No. 4 in B flat Major op. 65/4
3. Mieczysław Surzyński - Capriccio
4. A chosen work or a part of a cyclical work by Alexandre Guilmant, Louis Vierne, or Charles-Marie Widor.
The programme shall last up to 50 minutes.
Stage II (20-21 June 2017)
Every participant of Stage II of the Competition will perform 4 works selected from the following list:
1. Johann Sebastian Bach – Any chosen work: BWV 532, 540, 542, 548, 552, 564, 582
2. Olivier Messiaen - Le banquet celeste
3. Any chosen work by Cesar Franck, Franz Liszt, Julius Reubke, or Sigfrid Karg-Elert
4. Transcription of any chosen symphonic work by:
Edwin Lemare (published by Wayne Leupold - WL 6000-17, 18, 19, 25, 26, 40, 41), Jean Guillou, Lionell Rogg, Oscar G. Blarr, or others.
Participants are allowed to perform their own transcriptions. Musical score should be made available to the Jury on the day preceding the performance in Stage II of the Competition.
The programme shall last up to 60 minutes.
Announcement of the results of the Competition and Final Concert of the Laureates will take place on 22nd June, 2017, at 7.00 p.m.
VI. PRIZES AND DISTINCTIONS
1. Three statutory prizes shall be awarded to the participants of the Competition:
Prize I: PLN 20 000
Prize II: PLN 10 000
Prize III: PLN 5 000
2. Participants of Stage II, who are not Laureates of the Competition will be awarded with Diplomas for Finalists of the Competition.
3. The monetary prizes will be awarded reduced by the amount of flat tax on prizes, according to the provisions in force.
4. The Organizer is responsible for delivery of all the prizes, as well as for transferring the tax due to the Tax Office.
5. The monetary prizes will be transferred to the bank account indicated by the Laureate, or collected from the Payment Office of the Organizer.
6. Based on the final number of points, the Competition Jury may change the system of prizes and awards, providing that the overall sum of prizes and awards remains unchanged. Decisions of the Jury are final and non-actionable.
7. Prize-winners will be granted the following title:
Laureate of the 1st International Organ Competition Białystok 2017.
8. Statutory prizes and diplomas will be presented during a formal Concert of Laureates that will end the 1st International Organ Competition Białystok 2017. The Laureates are obliged to collect their prizes personally.
9. The programme of the Concert of Laureates shall be established by the Jury in agreement with the performers.
10. Laureates are obliged to participate in the Concert of Laureates and they will not receive a separate remuneration for that performance.
VII. OTHER PROVISIONS
1. In all issues not covered by the competence of the Jury, the Director of the Competition has the right to make decisions
2. In justified cases the Organizer reserves the right to make changes in the Regulations and interpretation of the provisions herein, as well as to annul the Competition at any time up to the announcement of the results of the Competition and the choice of Laureates.
3. All issues not regulated by these Regulations shall be governed by the relevant provisions of Polish law.
4. All possible disputes shall be settled by the court competent for the seat of the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic in Białystok.
5. Explanations provided by the Organizer of the Competition and any possible amendments or changes of the Regulations are applicable to all Participants as of the moment of their publication on the Internet site www.oifp.eu
Director of the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic
OPERA I FILHARMONIA PODLASKA
15-406 BIAŁYSTOK, 1 Odeska Street
For further information contact the Competition Office
at the following telephone number:
505 624 711
© The Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre in Białystok
Liczba wizyt na stronie: 1456092