Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre in Białystok is the largest arts institution in north-eastern Poland and the most modern cultural center in this region of Europe.
Beginnings of the Symphony Orchestra of the Opera and Philharmonic can be traced back to 1954, when Białystok was appointed State Symphony Orchestra. The Orchestra musicians did not have its own seat at the time - rehearsals and concerts were held, among others, in Węgierki Dramatic Theatre and the Guest Palace of Białystok. After twenty years of artistic activity, the Orchestra has received the philharmonic status and moved to a concert hall at Podleśna street.
In August 2005, due to rapid development of the artistic and organizational institutions and planned for 2011 opening of the new building, Białystok Philharmonic changed its name to - Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic.
On the 9th of September 2005, during the inauguration of the artistic season 2005/2006, the Minister of Culture Waldemar Dąbrowski and Marshal of Podlaskie Kazimierz Janusz Krzyżewski signed an agreement on the establishment of the national cultural institution - Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre in Białystok.
April 22, 2006 saw laying of the foundation stone of the new building of the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre in Białystok (construction timeline).
The idea to create a modern facility arose from the conviction of the necessity of a cultural center in this part of Europe. In Białystok, a city connecting Western Europe with the East, Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre is to be the center of artistic environment open to national minorities interested in co-operation with the countries of Eastern Europe and the Baltic.
On the 28th of September 2012 inauguration of the new building of Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre in Białystok takes place. The institution begins its 58th artistic season in its new place of residence.
Its rich and varied repertoire includes opera, music, theater, as well as symphony concerts and live jazz, rock or alternative music (see: Schedule).
Its headquarters are located at: Orchestra of the Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic, Choir of Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic, Children's Choir of Opera and Philharmonic and chamber ensembles: Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic Big Band, Aleksander Tansman Quartet, CONSORT 415 Early Music Ensemble and Brass Instruments Quintet Op!era Brass (see: Artists).
The institution conducts various music and theatre activities, using its own recording studio and technical environment for radio and TV works. The object also incorporates an attractive conference and exhibition area (see: Discover Opera, Rent Sal).
With its modern architecture and excellent technological solutions, the OiFP-ECS guarantees high quality of all projects, ventures and production. All these can be freely worked on in spacious rooms of the Grand Stage, the Small Stage, the Amphitheatre and the Foyer.
Throughout its 60-year history, the institution was managed by the following presidents:
Kazimierz Złocki (1954 - 1955)
Leon Hanek (1955 - 1958)
Jan Kułaszewic (1958 - 1971)
Tadeusz Chachaj (1971 - 1989)
Mirosław Jacek Błaszczyk (1990 - 1996)
Marcin Nałęcz-Niesiołowski (1997 - 2011)
Roberto Skolmowski (2011 - 2014)
Damian Tanajewski (od 2015).
© The Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Centre in Białystok
Liczba wizyt na stronie: 1439255